Choosing an accounting firm is one of the most important decisions you will make as a business owner. The most important risk to a business is financial. It is critical that you have the tools to manage your business and know where you are financially to make solid decisions.
M. Kulp & Co., Inc. can assist and advise in small business matters and get you to good standing both regulatory and financially.
We help you...
- Prepare an initial business plan to clarify your marketing, management, and financial plans.
- Select a business structure that best fits your needs by evaluating tax advantages, legal exposure, ease of operation and portability should you need to relocate.
- Select the right accounting software by evaluation of your budget, needs and hardware.
- Referrals for services and products that you need with our wide range of partners.
- Set up a home office if necessary so you can maximize your tax deductions.
- Prepare and file all required state and local licenses and permits.
- Prepare and file your application for your Federal Employer Identification Number.
- Provide payroll and payroll tax filing or outsource with discounts when you bring on your first employee (this could be you!).
- Identify your business risk and insurance needs.
When you are starting a new business or find yourself overwhelmed with “back office” work and notices, we can be a reliable and knowledgeable source to help make critical decisions and reduce your workload.
- Reconcile your bank account
- Generate a balance sheet
- Generate an income statement
- Clean up your general ledger
- Provide a breakeven analysis